Saturday, April 27, 2013

Nike Women's Half Marathon D.C.

Standing in line at packet pick-up for the Nike Women's inaugural half marathon in Washington D.C.  I thought I might be there awhile....

Luckily, Nike is very efficient and it took less than twenty minutes to get through the line and pick up my packet.  Unfortunately, the expo was too crowded and didn't seem to have a lot to offer - the dangers of having one title sponsor I guess. So no cool new running gear for me.  Definitely better for my wallet,although I was disappointed to miss out on the Tiffany blue Nike Free shoes again. :-(


I walked up to the Niketown Georgetown and found my name on the wall but again, the store was chaotic so I left without any purchases. I am just not patient enough to deal with the crowds and the long lines.  I am my mother's daughter! (Hi Mum!)
The best part of the day was the message wall at the expo with messages of hope and support for Boston. I had hoped to be able to buy something to wear in support, as I saw people with ribbons in the Boston Athletics Association colours etc. but I never found anyone selling them.  But Boston, D.C. runs for you tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment