Sunday, March 31, 2013

A hike before the wedding


I am jumping around a bit here, timewise, but it seemed important to post the wedding photos first, since that was the whole reason we are actually here in New Zealand!!!  However, the morning of the wedding, we also had a spectacular time, doing another hill walk around some of the property at Cape Kidnappers.  This time we did a walk to an area called Black Reef, where there is a famous gannet colony.  We didn't have time to go to the larger part of the colony, where there can be up to 6,000 birds at a time, but the area we saw had plenty of birds as it was!  And the views from the clifftop were spectacular.  I even offered to take a photo of Billy in a cave that was off trail - usually I am the one nagging about how we have to stick to the trail or we'll get lost.  Billy gets a bit sick of my stories about the "one time" I led a search and rescue team during my school days in New Mexico.  My team didn't actually find the missing person (although in all fairness, no-one else did either, as it turned out he didn't want to be found).  Anyway, my expertise of (ahem) almost twenty years ago, gets brought up on every hiking trip.  :) hee hee.   

I'm having some issues figuring out blogger.com so my apologies for the random order the photos sometimes seem to upload in, as well as the varying sizes.  But I can only spend so much time on this when there is so much fun to be had away from the computer!! :)

I just liked this one because of the sheep. :)

Going off-road.







Not so good at reading...






There are a few small caves here and there.








Baby gannets take five years to lose their fuzz!




View from the clifftop


No comments:

Post a Comment