Thursday, May 30, 2013

Olive Oil!!!

Yesterday we had a very heavy box waiting for us in the mail.  I think I squealed out loud in excitement when I saw the label on the outside though!  Nudo, our Italian olive oil, had arrived at last.  Billy and I are both very hard to buy gifts for, but this year, for Christmas, my mother was very innovative.  She and my father "adopted" an olive tree for us in Italy, through a company called Nudo.  It's a great gift idea, and I highly recommend it.  We are able to log on to the Nudo website and see photos of our tree, read details  etc.  And in the spring, we receive a shipment of olive oil from the grove where our tree resides (they specify that it is not from our exact tree!).  You can have shipments sent every quarter, I believe, but there were some delays with the spring shipment so I have been anxiously awaiting its arrival.  We received three tins of the oil, which, as we learnt in Italy, is the best way to store olive oil.  Of course, we had to open one and try it.  It was  rich golden color and had a deliciously spicy afterbite. This oil is not for cooking with, but is definitely for pouring on fresh pasta, green salads, or just drinking from a spoon, as we did last night!  Yum!  
Thanks Mum and Dad!!
The box of goodies...

One of the tins of deliciousness

Three tins


E.V.O.O.


Pouring the first spoonful of deliciousness.

Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment